[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey 7th series available

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:50:00 BST 2009

Steve,

As a direct comparison with the 1:25k sheet I added have a look at Cairn
Water to the NW of Dumfries. I put that in off the 1:25k yesterday. You can
see its slightly different from 7th series position. Now obviously the 1:25k
could be out too but as I'd expect a 1:25k sheet to be more accurate we
should be able to assess comparison with that too as well as GPS traces.

The OS of course did adjust the location of tiles as a result of the OS's
PAI completed in 2006. As far as I recall though that only moved things by
at most a few meters.

I have I think 2 or 3 more 1:25k sheets that site over the 7th series sheets
currently available so I'll get those up for further comparison asap.

Cheers

Andy