[Talk-GB] OS 7th Series offset (Andy Robinson(blackadder-lists))

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Oct 8 13:00:41 BST 2009

On 8 Oct 2009, at 12:08, Christopher Osborne wrote:

> No how about I ask the OS under a FOIA request to provide the error
> correction values (rotation and position) for each of my 1:25k
> sheets. I
> just wonder if they would play ball. I'll send one in once the
> current one
> is back. Don't wish to taunt them too much :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
> Their research guys are all actually very nice fellas and might well
> provide us with the information if we ask nicely.  Will email a
> relevant contact and email address to you off list.

I agree with Chris that FOI requests should be considered as a back-up
method for information that is not forthcoming without it.
Incidentally I got answers from my local council (after having two
emails ignored for a month) by including the phrase 'I understand that
I could ask for this information under FOI which creates more work for
you, so in this instance I am not asking under the FOI' , I got the
answers I needed within 2 hours!

Also, do be aware that the information in a FOI request is probably
not of use to OSM because it will still be covered by Crown (c).

Regards,

Peter