[Talk-GB] Freemap Mobile (mobile map application): version 3 now available

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Oct 12 14:49:01 BST 2009

>TBH I thought I had announced this in June but a quick search of the
mailing lists suggest I didn't, must have been too distracted with
organising my >holiday.

>Anyway, an updated version (3) of Freemap Mobile, a Java ME based mobile
mapping application orientated towards countryside users is now >available
to download, from

Forgot to say:

- only tested on the WTK and on an N95. It may not work on other phones;
it requires JSR179 support and XML parsing support.
- *USE AT YOUR OWN RISK* !!! This is experimental software and almost
certainly has bugs.

Nick