[Talk-GB] Fareham mini-mapping party Sun Nov 1st

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Oct 13 12:58:29 BST 2009

Hello everyone,

After a long hiatus in mapping parties in the south of England, I'd like
to announce one on Sunday November 1st in Fareham, Hants, near Portsmouth.
This is being partly run as an OSM taster session with the local branch of
the British Computer Society, though experienced OSMers are welcome!

Quick background: Fareham's roads are pretty much complete, by the look of
things, but have largely been traced from Yahoo! and consequently certain
areas of the town (west, southwest) have many unnamed streets. Goal of the
day is to get all the road names done, together with surveying points of
interest. GPS not needed (but bring one if you have one); printed copies
of maps will be distributed on the day.

Will put up a wiki page, hopefully later today.

Meeting time is 10am on Sun Nov 1st at the entrance to the station. We
*may* adjourn to another venue immediately after that. Plan will be to map
during the day, then meet up for pub/trace gathering session c. 5pm.

Nick