[Talk-GB] Is the London congestion zone included within OSM at present?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Oct 15 12:50:39 BST 2009

On 15 Oct 2009, at 12:18, Shaun McDonald wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2009, at 12:09, Peter Miller wrote:
>

>> Does anyone know if the London Congestion zone boundary included in
>> OSM? I can find it on a quick inspection of part of the boundary.
>
> Which part of the boundary can you find it? Unless you meant can't
> in your last sentence. ;-)

Yup, it was meant to be can't.

> Also note that there are some routes through it that are not charged
> for.

Ok, so that would make the modelling a little harder but still not
impossible. I guess a boundary as a relation and then to include the
ways that are excluded in the relation as 'congestion_charge=no' in
the role.

> Personally I don't really care much about it as it doesn't affect me
> when I'm on the bike.

Sure.

It will be useful to us as we are looking at some official traffic
count data for the UK and want to draw the congestion boundary on the
base map to see if we can see a decrease in traffic within it after it
was introduced. We will do something ad-hoc for now outside of OSM.

Regards,

Peter