[Talk-GB] Why has City Hall sunk?

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:50:33 BST 2009

I cant make up my mind on this one. If a building, fountain, theatre are in
a park, then they are on land that is park and it would be correct to map
the structures on top of land mapped as park.
Its my opinion you shouldn't put structures on top of pedestrian areas, but
its a hell of a lot of work to ask people to create multipolygons for each
object even if the result is a map of higher quality. Hopefully in the
future the mapping software (potlatch, josm, etc) can spot these problems
and suggest then auto create the mulitpolygon for the mapper.

I guess that a mapnik (etc) should should assume that fountains go on top of
pedestrain areas, and more obsessive mappers can go around and find these
'problems' then spend many happy hours creating multipolygons

jason

Jason