[Talk-GB] Proper Rights of Way coverage map

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 16:09:14 BST 2009

Hello Andy,

>Couple of comments on that. Quite a lot of PROW within the urban sprawl.
>These being ways that have had to be adjusted and realigned when housing
>development extended, but at least were maintained as a route.

True, though perhaps these aren't so important to show as most people
interested in using rights of ways are going to be using them in the
countryside.

>I assume your render is looking for the designation tag?  A lot of
footways
>I've added don't have that on them yet so wouldn't show up. How about a
>combined map to show the extent of this difference, if indeed that is the
>basis of your present version.

It's a bit more sophisticated than that; see the URL for what I consider a
right of way. Note that I tried a version with highway=footway,foot=yes
added in, and got the same sort of pattern.

Nick