[Talk-GB] Automating email alerts of mapping errors.

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 16:42:43 GMT 2009

Hi, all.

I was just thinking about the 'Keep Right' website that shows mapping
errors on OSM and also, the ability to highlight roads that do not
have names.

Having this information available to us, do we have the capability to
run a report/ script against this data, and then email the 3 (for
example) nearest people to the error and highlight the errors to them,
for possible correction?

I'm just thinking that when I'm logged-into OSM, it tells me the OSM
contributors closest to me and this data could be used wisely,
perhaps.

I know that all sounds a bit garbled, but maybe a report and automated
message could be run periodically.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/