[Talk-GB] Automating email alerts of mapping errors.

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:46:06 GMT 2009

Fair points. I discovered Keep Right by accident, I'm guessing many don't
know it exists. I was just suggesting a possible proactive measure to
improve data integrity.

Thanks for responding, Chris.

Chris.

On 25 Oct 2009 17:04, "Chris Hill" <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:

Chris Andrew wrote: > Hi, all. > > I was just thinking about the 'Keep
Right' website that shows map...
I'm not sure automated reminders would be at all welcome.  Automated
error checking is just a hint, useful if you're interested, but very
annoying if it is pushed at you.  People volunteer their time and the
reason they do so is very varied.  They may not be interested in fixing
these 'errors'.

How do you know that the local mappers are active (most are not)?

If you want people to opt in to receive these emails then they can
simply visit the Keep Right site with no real need to hassle people with
emails.

Cheers, Chris