[Talk-GB] Postcodes on whois records?

Gregory Williams gregory.williams at purplegeodesoftware.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 20:53:15 BST 2009

I just happen to have looked up a whois record for a domain and it helpfully
has the registrant's physical address and postcode. OSM is always ticking
away in the back of my mind, so I thought: I can physically get to that
address quite easily for mapping purposes, so that postcode is helpful. I'm
just wondering what the views of others are on using whois records as means
for getting a little geo-located postcode data? The data in the record has
probably been provided by the registrant and not inadvertently derived from
a copyright source in my view.

Cheers,

Gregory