[Talk-GB] Naptan merging advice on wiki

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:46:01 BST 2009

Hi,

I've edited the Naptan merging procedure on the wiki. There has been a lot
of discussion but no solid advice given for what we should do. I hope by
changing the wiki it might encourage more edits and give people some
confidence about what they should be doing. This is important when these bus
stops are now appearing all over the UK.

Looking at discussions, mainly in Talk_transit, I decided on the following.
An imported Naptan node should be merged with the existing bus stop, if
present. Get the location correct!
therefore we can move the node
We should change the name tag  to the name on the bus stop
We should change the Local_ref to the ref on the bus stop
We shouldn't change the tags beginning with Naptan until the community is in
agreement on what to do.
If tags starting with Naptan are incorrect, we should make a note with the
correct information.
We can change the naptan:verified tag to yes if we are happy we've verified
it.

Discussion about merging and use of naptan now belong in the talk_gb group.

I've no problem with this advice changing, I've done this to hopefully
encourage editing and hopefully see some good advice appear.

Jason Cunningham
user:jamicu