[Talk-GB] OpenStreetMap's first flight!

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun Sep 13 22:15:54 BST 2009

On 13 Sep 2009, at 22:05, Frankie Roberto wrote:

> 2009/9/13 John Robert Peterson <jrp.crs at gmail.com>
>
> I'm not planning to put them all online in the short term -- while
> flickr would be able ot hold all 10GB of data, it would be an almost
> imposable ot access format.
>
> The photos look great btw. Such a nice day for it!
>
> Thing this one is my fav so far: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thingomy/3909552809/in/set-72157622214942341/
>
> It'll be great to be able to tag individual fields and hedges - this
> is almost impossible to do from the ground (unless you're a fan of
> trespassing).

I have been playing with warper and here is my first result. It seems
to need a good number of control points but it is certainly a useful
tool. Can one rectify a number of images and then stitch them together
into a single image that can be used in Potlatch I wonder?
http://warper.geothings.net/maps/preview/1204

Regards,

Peter