[Talk-GB] A new Flickr group for old out-of-copyright OS Maps

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun Sep 13 22:35:47 BST 2009

I was lent 65 first-edition 1:500 OS maps of Ipswich dating back to
1882 a couple of days ago which I have now photographed and uploaded
to Flickr. I was surprised to find that there was no Flickr group of
out-of-copyright OS maps so I created it.

The rules I have created says that all maps should be geo-coded, that
the photos should be released CCBYSA and that the contributor agrees
that the images can also be used to derive mapping for OSM (to cover
use under ODBL where there derivation from CCBYSA is less certain.

The group is here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1192119@N24/pool/

I have also just rectified one map using Warper. Four control points
seemed to do the job very well.
http://warper.geothings.net/maps/preview/1205

If anyone has any suggestions about adjusting the rules for the group
or wants to be an admin then please let me know.

Regards,

Peter