[Talk-GB] Aerial Photography

Tristan Thomas tristan.thomas at wikinewsie.org
Mon Sep 14 10:22:16 BST 2009

I would be very interested to hear what people think of this effort.  I'm
currently studying to be a pilot & I know that many people who do fly
routinely take aerial pictures of the landscape below, especially of towns
etc.  I know most of them would be more than happy to allow their photos to
be used of OSM.  If we could find a way to upload them somewhere, then I'm
sure we could dramatically increase the aerial photography we have without
having to pay to hire the planes or get it sponsored.  I could just upload
them all under one Flickr account for OSMers to look through & do some
tracing if they wish, but it doesn't seem the most efficient way to do it?

Thoughts?