[Talk-GB] What's in a name

Peter J Stoner stonerpj at mytraveline.info
Tue Sep 15 20:19:00 BST 2009

In message on 15 Sep 2009,  Chris Hill  wrote:

> I live near Hull, its proper name of course is Kingston upon Hull.  It
> has the long name on the map, but everyone knows it as Hull.  I think it
> would be better to use the shorter name and adding the long name as
> alt_name.  Any comments?

This is how the local authority has set up Hull in the National Public
Transport Gazetteer.

--
Peter J Stoner
UK Regional Coordinator         www.travelinedata.org.uk

a trading name of
Intelligent Travel Solutions Ltd  company number 3826797
Drury House, 34-43 Russell Street, LONDON WC2B 5HA
- find all our informations services throughout the UK at
www.traveline.info