[Talk-GB] More NaPTAN Counties Uploaded - Bristol and Cheshire East

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 22:48:03 BST 2009

2009/9/15 Robert Naylor <robert at pobice.co.uk>:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:36:50 +0100, Thomas Wood <grand.edgemaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the delay in getting back, the end of last week was marred
>> by not being able to get online.
>>
>> Anyway, I have now imported West Yorkshire (more on this in a bit),
>> Torbay and Thurrock.
>>

> Thanks for importing West Yorkshire.
>
> Just had a go at merging a bus stop and just my luck picked a less straight
> forward one.
>
> A bus stop, which in Naptan has a stop marked per side of road, however its
> only physicaly marked at one side only.
>
> I've merged the actual stop with the naptan point on the same side of the
> road, but I'm not sure what to do with the Naptan point on the other side.
>
> Possibly something like
> physically_present=opposite
> highway=bus_stop
>
> or just
> physically_present=no
> highway=bus_stop
>
> And then of course there is the BusStopType which will then contradict
> physically_present if I set physically_present=opposite
>
> Quite a lot of bus stops round here also have ref set to what should
> hopefully be in local_ref. (Possibly my fault that....)

ref/local_ref has been argued here in the past, I can't remember the
reason for settling on the latter, I personally prefer the former.

The BusStopType is only applied to stops that are CUStomary, usually
meaning no flag is present, or referred to by the flag opposite.
physically_present=opposite will not contradict naptan:BusStopType=CUS

Whether or not to leave the highway=bus_stop tag is local preference for now.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood