[Talk-GB] Locating Postboxes article Guardian

Glenn Proctor glenn at docproc.com
Thu Sep 17 11:05:51 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Bob Kerr
<openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Just in case you missed it, there is an article in the Guardian about the location of Postboxes and post offices in the UK.
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/sep/16/freedom-of-information-postboxes
> It then leads to the place where we can put this info onto openstreetmap
> http://www.dracos.co.uk/play/locating-postboxes/

Interesting - however the OSM maps he's using have a large and
misleading "Powered by Google" logo! See

http://www.dracos.co.uk/play/locating-postboxes/?pc1=ip33

OSM is properly credited elsewhere but the Google logo is the first
thing you see, and I think anyone who isn't an avid OSM-er would
assume this is a Google map.

Glenn.