[Talk-GB] liam123's latest

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Sep 17 14:09:11 BST 2009

On 17 Sep 2009, at 13:23, David Earl wrote:

> Two changesets:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2510163 reverted cleanly
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2510485 failed to revert
> "410 gone" - I suspect there was a node/way changed in the second
> changeset that was also in the first.
>
> The automatic reversion is getting a failure rate of abut half at the
> moment, so liam123 is steadily degrading map quality because nothing
> is
> being done to deal with the manual stuff.

Vandalism has already got to the top on my priority list (along with
getting the license changed to avoid loosing too much data when it
eventually happens).

Who would join a 'talk-counter_vandalism' list or support its creation?

Talk-gb and talk-transit (two lists I find very useful) are partly
useful because they are focused. I believe a talk-counter_vandalism
list would help provide the focus for the many many tools and
approaches that could be developed to protect the work done in OSM to
data and would result in better tools being created sooned.

If we have 4-5 people in the UK then I will propose we request a list
and promote it on other lists including talk.

Regards,

Peter