[Talk-GB] liam123's latest

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Sep 17 14:30:03 BST 2009

On 17 Sep 2009, at 14:18, David Earl wrote:

> On 17/09/2009 14:09, Peter Miller wrote:
>> Who would join a 'talk-counter_vandalism' list or support its
>> creation?
>
> Yes. But can we call it something less judgemental: not all
> incorrect changes are vandalism, and people seeing their account
> names on such a list would be most depressing.
>
> talk-dubious-changes?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The purpose of the list is to allow people to
discuss and co-ordinate the creation of good counter-vandalism tools
internationally, not to be a public flogging place for people who make
mistakes or indeed who scribble on the map or do worse things.

Vandalism and mistakes are different but need the same tools. If the
list is focused on creating tools to respond to really bad malicious
calculated vandalism then it will also provide the tools to recover
from innocent mistakes as well.

Possibly a different name would be clearer

talk-Counter_vandalism_tools, but that is getting a bit long. Any
other ideas or feedback?

Regards,

Peter