[Talk-GB] liam123's latest

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Sep 17 15:13:59 BST 2009

On 17 Sep 2009, at 14:48, Matt Williams wrote:

> 2009/9/17 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>:

>>> talk-reversion-tools?
>>
>> Not very inclusive. I want it to also cover 'patrol' software to spot
>> suspicious sorts of dicking around, such as a new contributor
>> moving a
>> bunch of nodes that have been in one place for a length of time.
>> Looking for offensive phrases in tags. Users who have recently had
>> work reverted who make new edits. Possibly methods of rating
>> contributors with white lists for users who don't get reverted and
>> have been editing for some time etc.
>
> talk-moderation or talk-moderation_tools? Since this all falls under
> the umbrella of moderating the edits being made.

Sounds good to me.

'talk-moderation' is short, and makes it clear that it covers all
aspects of both the technology and the associated social side of
managing contributions. Some people may think it is the place to
complain about every bad edit, but we can deflect those requests with
a good wiki.

The other question though:-

1) Would you support the existence of such a list?
2) Would you join it?

If no one supports it or would join it from talk-gb then I won't
progress the idea any more!

Regards,

Peter