[Talk-GB] liam123's latest

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 17 19:07:03 BST 2009

David,

David Earl wrote:
> ... which also won't revert now its closed ("changeset upload failed:
> 409 Conflict")

I also hear you talk about "automatic reversion" which "gets a failure
rate of about half". Are you sure that you know what you are doing?
Because if not then there's a risk that you make things worse.

Pardon if I'm doing you injustice but it sounds a bit as if you were
just pressing buttons without having given the issue much thought. Have
you tried to combine the edits you want to revert and to sort them in a
meaningful way for reverting? Have you identified those that don't
revert and split up his changesets?  etc.

It is certainly not a good idea to blindly run the revert script on
anything liam123 is doing and if that is what you're attempting then I
would urge you to stop that and develop a more sophisticated approach.

Bye
Frederik