[Talk-GB] liam123's latest

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:22:01 BST 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:19 PM, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com>wrote:

> I agree. I think it would be even more useful to be able to quarantine
> particular users changesets for manual review so the could be let
> through in the end - though there's all the problems of conflicting
> changes building up that that entails (or blocking further changes to
> those objects until the changeset is decided one way or the other), so
> I'm not under any illusion that this is easy.
>
> David

I'd suggest locking everything a changeset touches for xx hours, with xx
variable by user. In the quarantine period the changeset can be reverted,
but no other changes are allowed. If it's not reverted in the quarantine
period, everything gets unlocked. So the user sees their edit get rendered,
but anyone can follow them round hitting the undo button.

Richard