[Talk-GB] liam123's latest

Alexander Wright silverfish at wright-family.me.uk
Sun Sep 20 09:41:54 BST 2009

On Friday 18 Sep 2009 11:33:59 Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Removing it from 1.x would serve no purpose. I can guarantee Liam123
> would continue editing, and you'd be back within the month demanding
> that some other feature you've just hit upon should be banned.

Ok, here's an idea.

Have a sandbox. Once you identify a user who is vandalising things, give him
his own database to play with. Don't delete the account, or anything other
than ask him to stop. All his changes are made to the sandbox, and not the
live DB.
Update the sandbox from the main DB every night, so it looks (to him) as
though we are trying to correct his vandalism, without any effort on our part.

Whether he gets bored and moves on, or not, is then his problem.

Alexander.