[Talk-GB] Stitching Aerial Photographs

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Mon Sep 21 16:07:14 BST 2009

2009/9/21 Axel Jacobs <blumpsy at yahoo.co.uk>:
> I know the Hugin community is a very friendly crowd. With some funding/help/sponsorship/encouragement it might be possible to implement a geo-mode for aerial photos: Instead of showing two images in the Control Points panel, it could be one image plus a slippy map, a bit like in M$ MapCruncher:
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/mapcruncher/
> Although to implement such a geo-mode  would probably some time. Maybe a joined OSM/Hugin project for Google's SoC...

I've joined the list and have asked about people's thoughts on the
matter. However, after this I found an email by Stefan de Konink to
the Hugin list [1] providing a bounty to people for developing the
required features for Hugin. It seems that as well as having plans for
using Bundler, he (and the people he's working with [2]) are planning
on utilising Panorama Tools to help with low cost aerial imagery. I
think we should contact him (I'm fairly sure he doesn't read this
list) to see if we can enlist his help. Does anyone even know if he
(or anyone not on the talk-gb list) is aware of the Stratford mission?

Regards,
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com/msg04885.html