[Talk-GB] Virgin Train Traces

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Mon Sep 28 18:46:52 BST 2009

Hi

Has anyone ever approached Virgin to get GPS traces from their trains?
Would it be worth asking or do we have enough coverage? Richard Baker
[1] is "General Manager for Virgin Trains Liverpool, N Wales & Chester
to London" and is happy to receive emails so if we think it's worth
asking I will go ahead and do so. I just asked him about getting the
trains to update http://mapme.at/ with their current positions and
he's just told me it would be too much work, but supplying us with a
day's worth of existing traces (perhaps with the time "anonymised")
should be less effort than the constantly updated stream I was
originally asking for.

Anyway, opinions appreciated.

John

[1] - http://twitter.com/richard_baker