[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Phil Monger philm94 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 00:06:39 BST 2010

The streetview announcement is FANTASTIC news for OSM in the UK - as the
database is pretty much exactly what is being built - roads / streets /
names , etc.

We can surely get this as a "backdrop" layer, like the Yahoo imagery?

A bulk import wouldn't be possible, as this is raster data. (Though the rest
of the datasets seem to have a vector element, borders ect)

Exciting times ... I'll finally have some backing for my small
Lincolnshire village without needing to go out and GPS trace the entire
place

(apologies to the person I may have double replied this to!)