[Talk-GB] Telling the world about OSM / OpenOS

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Apr 1 09:18:29 BST 2010

There's lots of interesting discussion about what we might do with the
opened Ordnance Survey data, but I think we need to get one thing straight
immediately: what do we tell the outside world if anyone asks, "does this
mean OSM is redundant?"

A very simple line, something like:

The OS data could make a useful contribution towards OpenStreetMap, which in
addition already offers:
- A wider variety of data such as cycle networks and parking, public
transport data, public and private amenities, and much more
- A toolchain to help people edit, download, analyse, print, render and
otherwise use the data
- Global coverage, integrating OS data with data imported from a number of
other national mapping agencies

Any advances?

Tom