[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Apr 1 09:41:13 BST 2010

On 1 April 2010 09:25, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Gregory wrote:
> > Without restrictions? Does that mean no attribution, it sounds like PD.
> > Or does it mean they haven't told us the exact license yet but it will
> > be "nice"?
>
> The latter, I think. http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/opendata/ is either
> still password-protected or Slashdotted as I write (well, more likely
> Guardian-ed)... a prize to the first person who can get through and find
> out. ;)

It's up and available:
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/licence/docs/licence.pdf

The main wrinkle seems to be this part on their requirement for attribution:

"include the same acknowledgement requirement in any sub-licenses of the
data that you grant, and a requirement that any further sub-licenses do the
same"

Can anyone comment on what that means for us, i.e. whether a simple note on
the wiki as per other imports will suffice?

Regards,
Tom