[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 12:22:41 BST 2010

>Does that mean there's nothing at all for countryside users in the OS
data being released? Or does Meridian have it?

Sorry to follow up my own post - it would appear not.

A real shame about the lack of countryside data in this free OS dataset.
The Meridian data doesn't really contain anything that isn't in OSM
already, and it's the countryside stuff, particularly things like field
boundaries and wood outlines, and exact courses of rights of way, that
would be really valuable.

Oh well, at least it still means I can continue to spend my time mapping
the footpaths, I guess.

Nick