[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:42:02 BST 2010

On 04/01/2010 08:48 AM, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
> I'd suggest we hit Boundary data first, its an easy win and will fix so many
> problems with our current boundary relations.

Perhaps even easier and a bigger win, would be to import the postcode
data. It is "only" points anyway, so many of the aspects making data
imports hard, such as connectivity and duplication, don't apply as much
here. Furthermore, given postcodes are unique identifiers, it would be
very easy to spot which (full) postcodes are already in the database and
only import those that aren't yet mentioned.

So this dataset appears to be appropriate for a full scale import and
together with the boundary data would improve searching and (reverse)
geocoding with OSM data massively, as searching for their postcode is
often one of the first things people try in the UK.

Anyone up for organizing the import? General thoughts?

Kai