[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Fri Apr 2 18:04:17 BST 2010

We're generating StreetView tiles at the moment and some people have
already been tracing. :) Small hiccup in the generation process meant
that we've just had to restart (there were a couple of blank areas
appearing at 'sheet' boundaries) but it's going well.

OS have also just announced what VectorMap District, available for free
at the start of May, is going to look like:

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/products/vectormap/district/

 From what the page suggests, this completely blows Meridian2 out of the
water and, in vector format, is likely to be a lot better than
StreetView. I'm just playing with the example shapefiles now. So it very
much reinforces "no need to rush" - what there is in a month will be
much better than what we have now.

cheers
Richard