[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Apr 5 16:28:03 BST 2010

On 05/04/10 15:43, Tim François wrote:

> I understand that with an area mapped there is less impetus to head on
> over and start making tracks and surveying. But just leaving the area
> blank when we have this fantastic opportunity to populate seems silly,
> no? This far down the line, it doesn't look like there are any mappers
> in the immediate area of which I was talking about.

I speak from personal experience - when we first got the Yahoo imagery I
enthusiastically traced the nearest largely unmapped area to me (Harlow)
from the images. That was several years ago and to this day most of the
roads in Harlow exist but are unnamed because nobody has taken up the baton.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/