[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Mon Apr 5 19:46:52 BST 2010

On Monday 05 April 2010, Andy Allan wrote:
> It's not irrelevant. There are many of us who believe, and have much
> evidence to show, that making the map in a certain way produces
> superior results.

This may be true when we are the best available source of Free data for a country, but there is the potential for a massive brain-drain on OSM in the UK now that OS have released their data. We stand to lose a lot of participants who are just interested in the source that has the best data available to them for their licensing requirements. If we don't import a lot of OS, that source will be OS.

We need to become a superset of what OS can offer (for Free) if we are to remain relevant to anyone other than us Freedom 'nuts'.

But of course I agree that this should not be rushed.

robert.