[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey Landform Panorama data

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 00:09:57 BST 2010

Phil James wrote:
> Aah! Thanks Richard,
> I've had a closer look now (I'd only quickly skimmed the SD folder).
> I took the file numbers to be the same as the sheet references on the
> First Series sets - don't know why - especially as they are derived from
> 1:50k data!
> Just as a matter of interest, I'm viewing the files in Openoffice. The
> drawing app. provides a quick and easy way to view the files graphically.
>
> Phil.

How useful, I didn't realise OpenOffice supported DXF, even if it isn't
so great with the 20MB file of the Snowdon mountain range that I use as
my test case!

I've spent most of today working with different tools to convert the raw
contour data into other, more useful forms such as a DEM dataset (which
is essentially just an image coloured according to height.

I've generally found a successful method to do this, and hope to publish
my results later this week.

Thomas