[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

David Ellams osmlists at dellams.fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 6 13:24:51 BST 2010

Hi Henry

> As a lurker, and someone that would be keen to contribute, can I suggest
> somewhere where effort would be useful - A simple mechanism to attach
> attributes to streets. Perhaps a web interface with those incomplete
> streets highlighted. This would be low hanging fruit to a local, with a
> low barrier to entry. Such a mechanism would separate nicely the problem
> of street entry and the problem of street tagging.

You can use the noname layer to view unnamed streets (+ sign on main map
and then select).

If you want to highlight them in the editor (Potlatch), go to options
(the tick-in-a-box icon), tick "Highlight unnamed roads" and click OK.
They will then be highlighted with red borders. Click on one and hit the
"N" key to add the name. (You should really also add the source - "+",
type "source", hit return then text for your source - e.g.,
"local_knowledge").

David (davespod)