[Talk-GB] building shapes from OS Street View

Russ Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Tue Apr 6 13:27:46 BST 2010

On 6 April 2010 12:46, TimSC <mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Thanks for the feedback on building traces. The consensus seems to be
> for a JOSM plugin while others saying all surveying should be done on
> the ground.

Personally, I'd be happy to see a JOSM plugin similar to the Lakewalker plugin:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lakewalker

For those not familiar with it, you activate it, then click on a lake
or similar. The plugin creates a way around the lake, which can then
be manually checked/corrected before the edits are uploaded to OSM.

Russ