[Talk-GB] West Mids Ward Boundaries

Steve Doerr steve.doerr at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 10:44:39 BST 2010

I'd prefer to see boundaries handled by an automated (and nationwide) import process, as the OS data is likely to be at least as good as contributors' own efforts and usually much better AND they are committed to maintaining it going forward. Which seems a good opportunity to mention that those of you working on the technical aspects of using the OS data need to have a thought to how future updates will be handled. It's much easier to insert a load of brand new data than to update existing data from a refreshed set of source data in the future. You will have to be able to distinguish new data to be inserted from existing data that may have changed and existing data that may need deleting. Just a thought.

Steve