[Talk-GB] OS OpenData StreetView Tiles now available

Steve Doerr steve.doerr at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 10:55:05 BST 2010

I'm not sure I agree. I'm still a newbie in OSM terms, but almost from day 1
I was aware of the Noname layer, and several of my mapping forays have been
designed solely to gather missing street-names. In fact, filling in the
street-names of an area that's already been mapped strikes me as an ideal
project for a newcomer- especially if they haven't actually got a GPS.

Personally, I would have thought that a bigger issue (than street-names) is
gathering POIs. I can see that, where the street layout is already mapped,
people are much less likely to be up for slogging around gathering
way-points for schools, churches, pubs, etc.

Steve