[Talk-GB] OS OpenData StreetView Tiles now available

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Apr 7 13:34:26 BST 2010

On 7 April 2010 12:53, TimSC <mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk> wrote:
> In both the edgemaster's and Richard's tiles there are periodic kinks
> (about 1 pixel in size) in what should be straight lines. It is more
> obvious in Richard's tiles because they are less noisy. Any idea what is
> causing that?

The warping between OSGB36 (EPSG: 27700) and EPSG: '900913'.

Richard's tiles use a custom conversion script with antialiasing on
the resample. Edgemaster's tile used gdal2tiles.

I'm working on some cleaned up and pngcrush'ed tiles, but do not
expect them in the next few days. The existing tiles are more than
good enough.

/ Grant