[Talk-GB] OSM Error now detects source=OS_OpenData

Tim François sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 09:01:47 BST 2010

Great site!

I have bug report though. I've done a bit of tracing from the OS SteetView in conjunction with some GPX traces I have. Using the site, I download a GPX file of the area but a load of the waypoint tags have empty lat/lon attributes.
i.e. <wpt lat='' lon=''>. Download link:
http://www.mappage.org/error/error.php?lon_upper_left=-1.1029&lat_bottom_right=52.2599&lon_bottom_right=-0.9364&lat_upper_left=52.3998&ref=0&road=0&name=0&hours=0&source=1&fixme=0&naptan=0&pbref=0&

Cheers
Tim

During all the discussion about OS OpenData, it was suggested that
anything derived from OS data should be surveyed on the ground at a
later date, since on-the-ground surveying is the preferred method of
gathering data.

With that in mind, I've added OS OpenData source tags to OSM Error
[1]. For those who don't know about it, OSM Error is a simple web app
that creates a .gpx waypoint file that you can install onto your GPS,
so that when you are out mapping, your GPS can direct you to those
locations that need additional data. I originally wrote it to make it
easier for me to find bus stops that had been imported from NAPTAN but
hadn't been verified, then expanded it to look for various other
issues.

Russ