[Talk-GB] OS StreetView accuracy: caution!

Brian Prangle bprangle at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 09:14:10 BST 2010

I've just completed a 25 mile stretch of the Centenary Way in Warwickshire
and I'm editing now with the aid of OSSV. Generally it's accurate but I've
found a track on the wrong side of river and the course of a stream crossing
my GPX tracks from the footpath where the footpath clearly stays on one side
of the stream. And often there are gaps in waterways where there are none on
the ground. I'm sure I'll find more as I continue editing.  Also I've had a
look at major building outlines in Birmingham - some of which have been
demolished. So be careful with the data - it still needs a survey!

Regards

Brian