[Talk-GB] OS StreetView accuracy: caution!

Phil Monger philm94 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:03:19 BST 2010

I'd echo that sentiment, and say this:

Streetview is a product designed to show *streets. *Anything else is just
detail to show these in context.
It would be a huge mistake for anyone to trace topo details from StreetView
into OSM, for these reasons and more!

I do think though, that it is an excellent source of street and road
information in areas that have not yet been traced ... as long as users
don't get over zealous with it.