[Talk-GB] OS Boundaries

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Mon Apr 19 18:38:40 BST 2010

Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 19/04/10 17:18, Chris Hill wrote:
>
>> Each boundary needs to share nodes with adjacent ones. County and
>> district boundaries will also need to share nodes, so the process of
>> dealing with any existing boundaries. Working on improving county
>> boundaries might be a good place to start.
>
> Ideally they also need to be done as relations and share ways with
> adjacent ones. Indeed it would be good if they shared ways with any
> existing features (such as rivers) where appropriate...
Relations are part of my plan and sharing ways should be included too.
It's interesting that the boundaries do follow rivers, though not always
in the middle, but they don't seem to follow the mid-line of roads. It
seems that roads are in area or the other. There are obvious places
where the boundary jinks across the road. I've not examined a large
number of polygons yet, but this seems to be the case so far.

Cheers, Chris