[Talk-GB] Workington Bridges

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:38:00 BST 2010

The bridges look good, but the town is clearly lacking.
Now we have OS Street View, we could quickly respond to natural disasters by
improving the mappedness of the area.

Of course the argument still remains that it can mean the area never gets
well mapped. But think, if people see their local bridges in a news story
about the fastest responding map, and then just out of town their street is
missing or they go for walks in the Cumbria countryside, they could be
encouraged to get adding to the amazing OSM.
Even better would be if 1-2 months later a mapping party, or just a
talk/workshop was held locally, but I don't know that anyone is around or
able to travel there to do so.

On 21 April 2010 02:39, Tim François <sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I think that was the one they 'officially opened' on the One Show yesterday
> (BBC 1, on the iPlayer now) with a load of RiverDance girls - I kid you
> not....
>
> Tim

Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com