[Talk-GB] OS Boundaries

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Apr 25 10:54:13 BST 2010

On 25 Apr 2010, at 07:57, Lester Caine wrote:

>> If a footpath gets moved do you think I should still show a way & mark
>> it as 'this is where it used to go'?
> 'closed=2007' makes perfect sense to me. People then coming back to an area that
> they walked 30 years ago would then see why they can't follow the same route today?

Please don't use modifiers to state that a path/pub/whatever is no longer there. You can use a modifier for permissions, i.e. some people can use it, but not all. If a footway has closed use highway=old_footway or highway=disused_footway. For a pub or any amenity that is not longer open or there, use old_amenity=pub. That way no one will still think it is still open and it is backwards compatible with all software that currently uses the osm data.

Shaun