[Talk-GB] OS Locator - using in JOSM

Tim François sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 20:51:08 BST 2010

All,

I've just had a go hacking the OSLocator data too for here in Bath. The results look promising: some streets are missing, some streets are spelt incorrectly, whilst others have a ref=* tag, but no name=* tag. What I've done doesn't automatically detect these subtleties of course: it just compares names in OS Locator with names of ways in OSM for the same area, and spits out the names which don't appear in OSM.

The results are at: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bath/OSLocator_Comparison

Hope this will prove useful.

Tim