[Talk-GB] GB Chapter

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:33:26 BST 2010

On 26 April 2010 04:57, Nick Whitelegg <Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> >> Might be cool to set up a Saturday mapping party and social combined
> >> somewhere easy to reach and needing some mapping between London and
> >> Birmingham. We could thrash out the bones of a UK chapter and see who's
> >> interested in working on it over a beer or two.
> >>
> >> Anyone want to look and suggest a location or two?
>
> >Banbury. Easy direct trains from London and Birmingham. And really needs
> >some mapping love.
>
> I could probably do somewhere like that even from Southampton. Within the
> Network Card zone (I think Banbury is the extreme N limit) would be good,
> to avoid spending a fortune on rail fares...

Ideally a month+ allows to buy train tickets at a good price.
Is this going to be a mega mapping event of seeing what happens when most of
the great GB surveyors get together in one unmapped place (with some evolved
experience of OSMing)?!

As someone mentioned, a date can be harder than a location. Is it thought to
do this before SOTM(May/June) or after (July/August/later)? I would suggest
creating a doodle.com of the Saturdays and seeing who's available.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com