[Talk-GB] Surrey air survey

John Robert Peterson jrp.crs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 16:04:11 BST 2010

By the looks of the imagery edges, it's made up out a of a huge number
of small images that seem to have very odd alignments.

I would guess form my experiance that the imagery has a general error
where there is an offset that covers the whole set, or large swathes
of it, caused by GPS drift, or other similar consistant issues -- this
is (teoretcially) fairly simple to correct for, given a decent amount
of reference points.

But indevidual images likelly have an error in them too, and this
would be very tricky to correct for without taking an inordinate
number of points, and then correcting the pre stiched base images, I
don't think we have access to this, do we?

so the answer is "sort of, in theory"

in practice: if anyone has found a piece of software that will take a
large volume of image data and reproject it, please share.

JR