[Talk-GB] Definitive source for UK streetnames? - OS, 'road name signs', or a council 'list'?

Tim François sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 14:14:39 BST 2010

I'm not really answering your question here, but thought I'd add in my two pennies: I use OSM data as the map in Navit, a sat-nav program. From my personal point of view, I find it very handy for the sat-nav to direct me to roads which have the same name as the road signs, irrespective of what the 'correct' name is.
I've once come across two conflicting street signs at either end of the road, and decided to use the one which was the same as the OS Locator and StreetView data.

What authorities do, I have no idea. As I say, I wasn't answering the question. Ignore me.
:)
Tim