[Talk-GB] OS OpenData Viewer

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Aug 6 17:52:01 BST 2010

Ben Pollinger <benpollinger+osm at ...> writes:

>Not sure if this has been mentioned on the lists:
>
>http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/viewer/

Those little mortar-board icons that appear for schools are fun.
I wonder if they could be bulk-imported into OSM as amenity=school source=OS?
At least in the case where there is no existing school within a 100m radius.
What data file are they from?

>Note the boundary layer tab in the top-right.

That's neat too, and another thing that would be worth bulk-importing.
(At the moment it appears that somebody has done so for Norfolk but nowhere
else, which makes the map look a bit odd.)

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>